· Define global stratification
· Interpret trends in stratification in the world
This assignment helps you identify industrialized, industrializing, and less industrialized countries and understand more about global stratification.
Answers to the questions
· Guess three countries you think are in each of the three categories of the following levels of industrialization/development: Most industrialized, industrializing, less industrialized (sometimes also referred to as developed, developing, and less developed countries).
· For each of these countries, find the following information:
o GDP per capita
o Adult literacy rate
o Life expectancy at birth
· What do these numbers suggest about your initial classification? Were you correct? If not, where were you wrong? Explain what role these the indicators might play in global stratification.