You must submit a transcript of your session, a signed consent form and the completed Play Therapy Skills Checklist for this assignment! A few paragraph description/reflection of your experience of this assignment is also required.
NO Video RECORDING IS REQUIRED for this assignment!
1. Record your session (15 minutes) with a child volunteer (age 3, 4,5,6,7 or 8), using the techniques you’ve learned from the course and especially Dr. Garry Landreth’s book and videos. Transcribe the entire session for submission.
3. Concentrate on using the following skills:
a. SILENCE and TRACKING
b. REFLECTING WHAT THE CHILD IS SAYING OR DOING
c. REFLECTING WHAT THE CHILD MIGHT BE FEELING or EXPERIENCING
d. introduce the session to the child, saying that he/she may play with the toys in many different ways and that you are going to watch
4. Grading will be as follows:
a. typed, single-spaced transcript of entire session = 50 pts.
b. signed consent form = 10
c. completed Play Therapy Skills checklist = 10
d. 3 paragraph summary/reflection about experience = 30 pts.
1. What roles or behaviors did you have to try to “shake off” during your practice session?
2. What 3 principles of Child Centered Play Therapy resonate most with you now and why?
3. What one thing did you learn that you think you will definitely take with you into your future work as a counseling professional?
**Be sure to cite & source, proofread & correct errors