Assessment 2: work
In this assessment you will write an work that builds on and draws from your knowledge about ethics both the theoretical frameworks and international ethical guidelines.
Studying moral philosophy and ethics allows us to explore our understandings of what is right and wrong, where these ideas come from and how they shape our moral judgements. In criminal justice contexts it is of utmost importance that you have an in-depth understanding of concepts and processes related to ethical decision making and that you have practiced and applied critical thinking skills to the dilemmas that you may face. In this assessment task you need to respond to the two prompts below. In the first section of the work you will make an informed case for studying ethics in criminal justice. Second, you will compare and contrast two theoretical perspectives we have studied (i.e. Divine Command Theory; Kantianism; Utilitarianism; Social Contract Theory).
1. Why study and understand ethics? (400 words)
2. Compare and contrast two theoretical perspectives (800 words)
The unit learning outcome(s) assessed is/are:
LO 1; Demonstrate a foundational understanding of ethical frameworks and theories that underpin professional practice in criminal justice contexts;
LO 2; Apply the study of ethics to the practices and relations of criminal and social justice
LO 3; Apply ethical principles to ‘real life’ problems and issues in professional practice within the criminal justice system.
1,200 words of management assignment help
Session 8 (Wednesday 9th of March 11:59pm)
Please submit to the Assessment Dropbox.
Assessment Criteria and Submission
[Include link to Rubric and Dropbox]
Evidence given to support viewpoint (examples and facts). Theory and appropriate evidence (examples) is used to support perspective. 10
Topic of work is clearly introduced; Conclusion or resolution is provided after discussion and analysis.
Word count is met (+/- 10%) 5
Application and Context Application and discussion of theories, frameworks and evidence as they relate to criminal justice settings and practice. 10
Proper grammar spelling and punctuation as shown at business assignment help.
Accurate in-text referencing Harvard Style;
Accurate reference list Harvard Style;
Direct quotes and paraphrasing are accurate and integrated appropriately. 5
Application (11 Marks)
These data relate 10 students hours of sleep and their marks on their MDM test.
Hours of Sleep 5 9 10 6 3 9 8 4 7 11
Test Marks (%) 62 70 79 58 90 77 74 33 68 78
a. Create a scatter plot for this data using the TI-84+.
b. Using the TI-84+, determine the correlation coefficient (4 decimals), and the equation of the line of best fit (2 decimals).
c. Classify the type of linear correlation you found in b). ______________________________________
d. Identify the point that is the outlier. ____________________
e. Repeat part b) with the outlier removed.
f. How does removing the outlier improve the linear model?
g. Do your results from above suggest that the students test mark depends on the number of hours a student sleeps? Explain.
Thinking (4 Marks)
1. A student claims that listening to loud music helps her study. To defend her argument, she gathers the following results for four recent tests and her study habits.
Test History English Math Science
Volume of Music (Dial Setting) 0 1 2 1.5
Test Mark (%) 58 59 72 74
a. Does a linear regression analysis support the students claim?
b. Suggest two ways that the student could improve the validity of her study.
Communication (4 Marks)
1. Two sets of data are analysed for linear correlation. The correlation coefficient for Data Set A is 0.7, while the correlation coefficient for Data Set B is 0.5.
a) Which Data Set, A or B, shows a positive linear correlation? Classify the strength of this relationship.
b) Which Data Set, A or B, exhibits a stronger linear correlation? Explain.
1. Summarize in a few sentences what you are doing:
2. How was the experiment carried out? (Give the tool, worksheet, etc and/or “link” used)
3. Any reactions or Equations? What are they?
Chemicals: (What chemicals are used? List below the metals and metal salt solutions. Give their name, chemical formula and hazard, if No on something not dangerous, like hazard or formula, then type N/A). Add as many rows as necessary.
DATA/ANALYSIS: You can also crop screen shots if that helps and or save and insert images.
1. Summarize the procedure and what was used. If you want to use modified table to cite each step you can do so or delete it.
2. What was observed to have happened? If you want to use modified table to cite each step you can do so or delete it.
Apparatus: You can draw or insert pictures of the various pieces of apparatus used in the experiment. Again you can crop screenshots or save images
CONCLUSION: What did you learn or not, from the video? Explain the concept learned from this experiment that is you restate the purpose and then recount what worked and how were the results.
1. What four constitutional rights are likely to be invoked by suspects during the pretrial identification stage? Briefly discuss how each applies to lineups, showups, and photographic displays.
2. “A suspect is entitled to a lawyer during a police lineup.” Is this statement true or false? Explain your answer.
3. “A suspect’s right to protection against self-incrimination is violated in a police lineup.” Is this statement true or false? Justify your answer.
4. What can the police do if a suspect refuses to appear in a lineup?
5. “A suspect is entitled to counsel during a lineup.” Is this statement true or false? Discuss your answer.
6. Discuss what is wrong with eyewitness identification.
7. Discuss current efforts to change the way the police conduct lineups.
8. What is DNA testing? Why are DNA test results admissible as evidence in court?
9. Discuss the impact of DNA testing on prosecutions and defendants. Which side has benefited more from DNA technology?
10. Distinguish between the Frye and the Daubert doctrines as tests of the admissibility in court of scientific evidence. Which test would a defense lawyer want the trial court to use, and why? Would the answer be the same for the prosecutor? Explain.
11. Discuss why the results of polygraph examinations are not admissible in most courts.
12. Are the results of Breathalyzer tests admissible in court? Briefly summarize the rules in various states on drunk driving.
13. What is brain fingerprinting? Are brain fingerprinting results admissible in court? Why or why not?
Focus of the Final Paper
Strategic Warehouse Management, Inc. (SWM) is a U.S. based warehousing organization in the construction and management of warehouse operations. The CEOs market development team has determined that there is an opportunity to open a warehouse in Australia that could serve multiple businesses. The CEO plans to open a non-resident company (Land and Tax News, 2012). The CEO has also decided that the warehouse can be opened in any city in Australia. Some clients in Australia have also asked SWM to manage the flow of goods from Australia to U.S. locations. The CEO wants to get a preliminary plan developed as soon as possible before going further in this write my essay.
The CEO asked you to design a supply chain that includes warehouse operations in any city in Australia. In addition, the CEO has a number of items hed like to see you cover in the report. He has asked you to:
· Develop requirements for the warehouse design and to provide an organization structure to manage the warehouse in Australia.
· Present considerations for Workforce Management
· Investigate key regulations and other key issues (e.g. labor climate) related to managing a warehouse in Australia as a foreign entity.
· Develop export procedures and import procedures in the U.S.
· Discuss supply chain risks and possible mitigations.
· Analyze which operations SWM would outsource and which operations SWM would directly manage and explain why.
· Outline the budget line items that would need to be considered (it is not necessary to develop a budget with dollar figures).
· Determine the metrics you would use to measure success of the warehouse and the total supply chain.
Your report should be an eight to ten page APA style paper (not including the title and reference pages) and submitted to the CEO (your instructor) by the last day of the class. You are required to include at least 6 scholarly sources
Writing the Final Paper:
· Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
· Must include a title page with the following:
· Title of paper
· Students name
· Course name and number
· Instructors name
· Date submitted
· Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
· Must use at least six scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the University of Arizona Global Campus Online Library.
· Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Writing Center.
· Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.